It’s the month to spread love, and dogs are masters giving unconditional love. Since 1997, Chako has been rescuing Pit Bulls and spreading awareness. Below are some members of our Chako family who have found their forever valentines! Click any thumbnail below to start the slideshow or, for a simpler view, scroll down to read their stories!
When you’ve viewed the slideshow, head on over to our Facebook page to post a photo of your Pit Bull Valentine in the comments of our Valentine’s Day thread! (Thanks to Joni Moore of Pawtography and Moore).
- Annie came to Chako when she was abandoned at four weeks old in a dog park. Her foster mom, Suzi, fell in love with her and adopted her.
- Cha Cha came to Chako deaf and with a broken leg. She had surgery to fix her leg and found a great foster Dad, Mike, then lucked out and found true love with her forever family!
- Mouse is a new Chako dog who came to us from the Sacramento County shelter. Here she is with Chako founder, Dawn Capp, while she waits to find her true forever love with a new family!
- Hank came to Chako as a 3-4 month old puppy with an autoimmune condition known as puppy strangles. After months of treatment and a foster family who stuck with him, he recovered and JUST celebrated his first birthday with his forever family!
- Star, now Tesla, needed surgery to remove a cancerous lump when she came to Chako. We got her all fixed up, and now this older gal is loving life with her new mom!
- Nina was a youngster when she found her way into a Chako foster home, and now she’s doing great with her new family. She loves them, and they adore her!
- Darla was just a wee pup when she and her brother came to Chako and foster Dad Mike took them in. Mike and Darla fell in love, and now she’s his forever! Another Chako “foster failure!”
- Sirius had a bum leg when he went to his wonderful Chako foster home, and now he’s got a new family and a beautiful collar!
- Frankie liked to sing the blues when he was a pup looking for his forever home. Here he is, the apple of one particular little girl’s eye!
- Chako founder Dawn with her two dogs, Savvy and Soli. Soli is a Chako dog who was in the Yuba shelter at a mere 5 weeks, all alone. She was to be made available to whomever had his or her name drawn out of a box, so Chako volunteers showed up to make sure she went to a good place! Check out her video.
- Chako volunteer Windigo is totally in love with her year-old gal, Dara!
- Daisy loves her former Chako foster mom, Mary. Daisy came to Chako from a bay area shelter, and she adores her forever family. Check out the happy family portrait below.
- Suzi is one extraordinary puppy foster mom. Here she smooches her newest Pit Bull valentine, Nimoy, who is up for adoption through Chako! This 14 week old boy is mellow as can be and loves dogs and cats.
If you’re doggie-lonesome and interested in finding your own Pit Bull Valentine, adopt a Pit Bull!